PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
Collection of personal identification information (“collected information”) from Users will be conducted in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, subscription to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in Skymind Education Group. All such collected information will only be obtained through voluntary submission by the Users. Refusing to supply such collected information may prohibit the Users from further engaging in certain Skymind Education Group related Program and Courses.
SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you directly provide to us
When you sign up a Skymind Education Group account or contact us, we may request for certain information (such as a username, your first and last names, age, email address, birthdate, phone number and institution name).
We may also collect information you provide when you request information or support from us or subscribe Program and Courses from us, including information necessary to process your orders with the relevant payment merchant, as well as any messages you send us for any inquiries and complaints.
We use your information to run, maintain, and offer the features and functionality of the Program and Courses to you, as well as to communicate with you and resolve any difficulties you may have with the Websites.
- Tracking data and cookies
We use “Cookies,” which are text files stored on your computer, and similar technologies (e.g., web beacons, pixels, ad tags, and device identifiers) to further analyse how users use our services and to improve marketing, analytics, and website functioning. Cookies are commonly used on the internet. Although most web browsers accept cookies by default, you have the option of accepting or rejecting them. You may change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being delivered to you or to be notified when a cookie is sent to you. You can disable cookies in your browser by changing the settings.
PURPOSE OF THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
Skymind Education Group may collect and use Users’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
The collected Information provided by the Users helps us respond to the customer service requests and support more efficiently.
- To personalize the User’s experience.
We may use the collected information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group utilise the services and resources provided in Skymind Education Group.
- To send periodic emails
We may use Users email addresses to send Users information and updates pertaining to their order and also to respond to Users inquiries, questions, complaints and any other related requests.
- To comply with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority.
We shall process the collected information in compliance with the changes of laws either within local competent jurisdiction or other competent jurisdiction, including statutory, bye-laws and etc. whichever is applicable.
By giving us your personal information, you are giving us consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information under the terms of this policy and any relevant privacy and data protection laws in Malaysia.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your Personal Data within Skymind Education Group and/or to the Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the Purposes set forth hereinabove in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
“Processing”, in relation to Personal Data means for example obtaining, recording, holding or using the Personal Data in carrying out any operation or set of operations on the Personal Data and/or providing its respective services to us.
We take every measure to provide a comparable level of protection for Personal Data should the information be processed by a Vendor.
In order to provide you with our online services and products, we, together with the third parties we collaborate will collect, store, and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer your account;
- to provide you with technical assistance;
- to send you email notifications and updates about the Program and Courses in which you are enrolled;
- where you are invited to enrol in any Program or Courses by the course provider or a third-party institution such as your employer, to allow that entity to enrol you in the course and monitor and track your progress on the Program and Courses;
- if you are taking any Program and Courses for academic credit, professional certification, or other formal recognition of learning, you agree to allow the university or other institution to monitor and track your progress, award you with the appropriate recognition, and communicate with you directly about your progress and completion of the Program and Courses;
- to contact you on occasion to invite you to share your thoughts and experiences with Skymind Education Group, and to publish customer reviews and ratings of our Program and Courses on our Websites or through other media channels;
- for marketing purposes, where you give us your consent to obtain advertising messages, which may include email and/or phone communications with information, news, and offers of Program and Courses on our Websites and third-party offers;
- to provide universities you have expressed an interest in with your personal information in order for them to assess common areas of interest between their students and Skymind Education Group learners and improve their education plan offerings. Any such data collection will also be in accordance with the universities’ own privacy policies;
We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through the Websites as part of our organisation’s process of constantly improving the Websites, and the Program and Courses offered by Skymind Education Group.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECT
In addition to the obligations placed on a data user, the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act (2010) (“PDPA”) also confers the following rights on a data subject:
- the right of access to personal data;
- the right to require a data user to correct personal data;
- the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data;
- the right to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress; and
- the right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes.
Some of the rights mentioned above are further qualified by the provisions in the PDPA. In respect of the right of a data subject to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes, the PDPA stipulates that a data subject may, at any time by notice in writing to a data user, require the data user to cease or not to begin processing his/her personal data for purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing is defined under the PDPA as ‘communication by whatever means of any advertising or marketing material, which is directed to particular individuals.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content in Skymind Education Group that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from Skymind Education Group. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other websites, including websites which have a link to our Users, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
INQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your dealings with the product and services or if you have any complaint or grievance regarding how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and other related laws, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS